Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client a leading Renewable Energy Company are seeking an Environmental Advisor for an approx 12 month contract role based in Glasgow (Some Site Based travel will also be required).
Job Purpose Statement
To support the Environmental Management and Compliance Manager in the delivery, monitoring, management and continual improvement of the clients Environmental
Management System in order to maintain certification to ISO 14001 across the Development,
Construction and Operations portfolio. (Onshore windfarms, and in the future Solar and battery storage)
To support the Project Delivery (Development, Construction, New Technologies ) and Operations and Maintenance Teams in the delivery of renewables projects, with a specific focus on Operations and taking responsibility for environmental management aspects of these projects. Dependant on business priorities the role may also provide some support for our Construction Projects.
The job holder will provide support to the delivery of the annual environmental plan and promotion of environmental awareness across the business.
The position may require travel to various locations in the UK and Ireland.
The appointed person will be required to:
* Provide expert technical environmental support and guidance to the Operations and
Maintenance Team regarding onshore wind & solar generation and battery storage projects to support the future growth and strategy of the business.
* Provide expert knowledge of environmental legislation as it relates to the Operational portfolio (and construction projects as required) and the provision of guidance to sites/projects on these requirements to ensure compliance and to minimise business risk at the same time, promoting best practice
* Contribute to the identification & management of environmental risks, issues & impacts associated with Operation and Maintenance projects and proactively manage these through collaboration with the Operations and Maintenance Teams and external contractors to minimise risk to the business and promote best practice
* Provide expert technical environmental support and guidance to the Operations Department, attending sites as required and support the assessment of SPRs Operational portfolio against the clients environmental management and ISO14001 standards and legal requirements
* Support the delivery of the Annual Environmental audit program to ensure ongoing compliance on the clients operational sites ensuring that the clients requirements and objectives are met and mitigating risks to the business.
* Support the management of the environmental compliance registers to demonstrate legal compliance (eg Wastewater, Water Supply, Waste, Planning Conditions, Legislative and etc)
* Responsibility for supply chain management with regards to the clients environmental management requirements for works associated with Operations and Maintenance projects, provide expert technical environmental support and guidance to the Commercial Team in the production of contract documentation
* Responsible for the provision of expert technical environmental support and guidance to various teams within the business regarding the operation of onshore wind & solar generation and battery storage projects.
* Provide technical environmental support to over 2000MW (40 onshore windfarm sites) of installed capacity, and a growing portfolio set to include further substantial investment in wind generation, as well as solar PV and battery storage.
* Ability to understand a broad range of complex environmental issues and develop strategies to minimise impact and maximise opportunity to the business, considering environmental sensitivities, risks and legal compliance.
Skills Knowledge & Experience
* Proven experience of environmental management, including working knowledge of ISO 14001, environmental auditing, dealing with the environmental regulator, ideally within a commercially focused utility or construction business.
* Proven experience of managing and influencing contractors.
* Knowledge of current and developing environmental legislation is essential.
* Educated to a degree level in a relevant environmental qualification is essential.
* A Masters in a relevant environmental qualification is highly desirable.
* An Environmental Auditing qualification is highly desirable.
* Membership of Professional body relevant to this role is essential.
* Strong influencing and consulting/communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate relevant technical detail to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
* Commercially astute and politically aware with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Sound planning and analysis skills-anticipate problems and plan solutions.
* Results oriented, with the resilience and stamina to maintain momentum and achieve objectives in face of obstacles, conflicts or competing demands.
* Ability to work co-operatively in a team as well as independently
Current valid driving licence
Computer Literacy & working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and project
Degree (or equivalent) in an environmental discipline or relevant experience
Working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems including environmental auditing
In-depth knowledge of current and developing environmental legislation.
Ability to travel in the UK/Ireland and International