South West England, England
£300 - £301 per day
3 months ago
Our Client is looking for an Environment Specialist to come in and join the team based in Swindon. You will be supporting the business with their Civils portfolio working on a range of large enhancement projects. You will also support the team based in Reading on the Western Rail link to Heathrow project.
You will need to be IEMA qualified as a minimum and will preferably come from a Rail background or alternatively an Engineering or Construction environment.
What you will do:
- Monitor sustainability performance of the business and produce/contribute to reports to evidence performance
- Deliver and manage sustainability projects and campaigns as required within time and budget to improve sustainability performance of the business.
- Provide input to the creation and implementation of sustainability plans, strategies, standards, procedures and management systems to comply with corporate requirements.
- Work collaboratively with all parts of Network Rail to promote the sustainability agenda and improve sustainability performance.
- Subject to the approval of the Government and Corporate Affairs function, liaise with Governmental departments and establish networks with people and organisations that can help Network Rail reach its objectives.
- Prepare presentations, papers and promotional literature to raise awareness, both within Network Rail and across the industry, of the work of the Environment and Sustainable Development team.
- Identify opportunities to improve sustainability performance across the business and produce proposals for their implementation.
Your experience will include:
- Educated to a degree standard or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Good communication, influencing and report writing skills.
- Good project management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of sustainability issues
- Specialist knowledge in one or more areas of sustainability, e.g. energy and carbon, climate change, biodiversity, air quality, noise, environmental management, social performance.
- Experience in implementing environment and sustainability requirements in an infrastructure setting, preferably in the railway industry.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining environmental management systems