East Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
10 days ago
Recruiting for an Environment Interface Manager to work on a long-term contract bases, based in the Midlands.
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth.
Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will be managing the key internal and external environmental interface relationships and associated products to ensure consistency of approach and quality.
The job holder will act as a facilitator between Environment Teams helping deliver the environmental assessment work (including associated assessments) developed for the hybrid Bill for Phase Two in accordance with programme, organisational, sponsor and parliamentary requirements.
- Support the Central Environment Team's route-wide environmental assessment requirements and deliverables by facilitating and supporting close working between Environment Teams (and in particular Area Teams)
- Support the development, management and monitoring of an integrated environmental programme that ensures timely and efficient delivery of environmental inputs and outputs across the different interface points.
- Lead the co-ordination of responses to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
- Manage and approach to route-wide technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Area and Stakeholder Teams)
- Inform the development of the route-wide assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood.
- Manage the Phase Two Environment Team Forum, working closely with colleagues to operate an open, transparent and inclusive mechanism to support delivery.
- Working closely with the Phase Two Head of Environment, to use this forum to help develop a sense of corporate identity, promoting the work of the team.
- Manage and co-ordinate route-wide environmental instructions to Counsel and Parliamentary Agents to support the development of, and response to, key strategic issues and ensure a clear and accessible audit trail.
- Support input into the route-wide environmental risk register.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Experience of working on environmental assessment (EIA) and design on large or complex
- infrastructure/ engineering projects.
- Experience of project management within a built environmental field.
- Knowledge of EU and UK environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability to manage individuals and to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental issues to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems).
- Good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for legal counsel.
- Experience of development strategies and rolling them out across different teams and achieving buy- in from other team members.
- Experience of working under extremely tight deadlines and in a constantly changing project
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Chartered membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation is desirable.