East Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
Recruiting for an Environment Interface Advisor to work on a long term basis in the Midlands area.
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth.
Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
The role will support the management of key internal and external environmental interface relationships and associated products to ensure consistency of approach and quality.
The job holder will support the Central Environment Team's route-wide environmental assessment requirements and deliverables by supporting close working between Environment Teams (and in particular Area Teams) to ensure consistency of approach and quality.
- Collation of information to help develop, manage and monitor an integrated environmental programme that ensures timely and efficient delivery of environmental inputs and outputs across the different interface points.
- Working closely with the Environment Interfaces Manager and other Environmental colleagues across Phase Two, support the co-ordination of responses to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
- Support route-wide technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Area and Stakeholder Teams) via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the route-wide assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of a world class railway.
- Support the management of the Phase Two Environment Team Forum
- Support the management and co-ordination of route-wide environmental instructions to Counsel and Parliamentary Agents to support the development of, and response to, key strategic issues and ensure a clear and accessible audit trail.
- Support input into the route-wide environmental risk register
- Support the on-going programme of Phase Two Environment Team lessons learnt that can feedback internally or externally as required (e.g. to inform future phases, other major infrastructure projects or Government guidance).
- Support the Environment Interfaces Manager on internal and external reporting of environmental matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Experience of working on environmental assessment (EIA) on complex projects.
- Understanding of environment legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems).
- Good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation is