Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
26 days ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
To assist the SHESQ Management in the implementation of Group SHESQ Management Systems and provide SHESQ advice and support to employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (generic across all functions)
· Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with the SHESQ function.
· Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
· Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
· Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
· Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
· Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
· Collate Business / Contract SHESQ statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHESQ Management & SHESQ function for reporting purposes.
· Review SHESQ information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Management.
· Assist in the preparation & review of project SHESQ documents including those of 3rd parties.
· Provide support to Project teams in the development of SHESQ Plans.
· Produce SHESQ plans, procedures and associated documentation.
· Identify significant SHESQ issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
· Identify SHESQ consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
· Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
· Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / SHESQ Management.
· Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
· Support the Business / SHESQ Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
· Undertake SHESQ audits as required.
· Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions.
· Stopping work with the agreement of the SHESQ / Site / Project Management at any time SHESQ management of the works is in question.
· Disseminate information issued by the SHESQ function to relevant employees.
· Participate in working groups / forums as required.
· Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
General (All Employees)
· Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Never Harm Programme
· Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
· Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements
· Ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures
· Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company procedures.
· Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
· Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group's performance.
Note: In addition to these functions personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the Group/Company/ Operational Unit