Birmingham, West Midlands
£200 - £350 per day
Rail Technical Team
9 days ago
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for an Environment Advisor to work on a long term contract basis, based in Birmingham.
- Support the Area Team's environmental assessment requirements and deliverables.
- Provide advice to support the development of environmental design solutions and ensure that environmental sustainability issues continue to be embedded as an integral part of the project.
- Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Work closely with the consultants appointed to undertake area environmental assessment (including transport and equalities impact assessment) and design in order to input on the environmental and sustainability aspects and ensure compliance.
- Support the review and appraisal of all area environmental deliverables produced by consultants to ensure compliance with the organisation's technical and sponsor requirements to enable them to be confidently defended before Select Committee.
- Working closely with the Environment Manager, draft responses to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on area environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
- Ensure full audit trail of key decisions and compliant data management to enable effective petition management, efficient handling of enquiries (including FOI and EIR) and to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Working towards membership of a relevant environmental/ built environmental organisation.
- Experience of environmental assessment (EIA) on large scale projects.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Proven ability to work across multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to engage with a range of stakeholders on sensitive environmental issues.
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power
- Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office
- environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems). A good
- understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for and attending public consultations.
- Experience of working under tight deadlines.