Up to £31.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
We are currently looking for a Engineering Technician to join our Engineering and Technology team. The role will involve research and development of novel aircraft ice protection systems. The successful candidate will be qualified, in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in product design and development within an aerospace environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of new materials and technologies against technical requirements.
- Design of prototype units and test specimens, ensuring an optimal solution against requirements (including CAD design and drawings for manufacture).
- Preparation of technical reports - internal and external.
- Hands-on manufacturing and assembly work of prototype units; working closely with engineering technician staff
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities e.g. Icing Wind Tunnel, impact testing
- Customer and supplier liaison.
- Compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety Legislation and Company's Policies.
We are looking for someone to be an integral part of the team, but also a self-starter with the drive to develop their skills further. Someone with the planning and communication abilities to make a real contribution to complex engineering projects, with the ability to execute key packages of work whilst working to fixed deadlines. Someone willing to question why, continuously improve, and stretch out of their comfort zone while helping to create the next generation of aerospace components.
Experience and knowledge of any of the following would be expected/seen as beneficial:
- Catia V5 CAD or similar
- MS Office suite
- Structured problem solving
- Prior aerospace R&D experience (beneficial)
- Prior experience in the manufacture of composite components (beneficial)