Bolton, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
My client is a leading manufacturing company based in Bolton and they are looking for an experienced Engineering Technician to join their team. The right candidate will be able to work largely unsupervised, led by an engineer or engineering department. Ability to follow mechanical drawings, circuit diagram, datasheets etc is essential together with a high attention to detail and pride in their work.
The focus of this role will be to provide electrical engineering/development support on the design and testing of electronic consumer devices.
You will have experience in laying out / building prototype PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) and have experience soldering components onto a working PCB (Printed Circuit Board).
- Provide ongoing electrical/electronic support for current engineering projects
- General electrical/electronic/PCB assembly tasks
- Production of jigs and fixtures in support of R&D, prototype assembly and testing activities
- Assembly of prototypes and test samples
- Set up and running of test rigs
- Completion of product testing activities, together with capture of results and creating reports/documentation
- Ensure upkeep of workshop standards, test equipment, tools, provisions and consumables.
- Purchasing of components and managing component stock
To be considered for this position the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience are required:
- Basic electrical/electronic engineering qualification, HNC/Degree or good equivalent experience
- R&D test laboratory/workshop experience
- Practical (hands on) experience of laying out / constructing prototype PCBs
- Understanding of the principals of measurement and testing
- Familiar with instrumentation, electronic and electrical measurement techniques
- Experience with data acquisition and data logging (PC based and dedicated hardware)
- Ability to interpret and analyse numerical data
- Excellent communication skills and able to produce technical reports to a high standard
- Keen to learn, interested in Continuous Improvement and open to new ideas & techniques
If you are interested in the role please apply with a copy of your CV & feel free to contact me on - 0161 707 1516