Our client BAE Systems is looking for a number of Engineering Team Leaders with a proven track record delivering complex and challenging projects using the latest technologies within an exciting market leading IT domain for 12 month contracts in Christchurch. This will involve remote working for the moment but candidates will need to be prepared to work on site in Christchurch for at least some of the time as and when Covid restrictions allow.
This role will help lead a large and diverse engineering team to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support development and innovation of future products.
As an Engineering Team Leader you will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Managers to both submit compelling bids for work, as well as the delivery of customer commitments on time and on budget. You must have the ability, aptitude and confidence to take ownership of engineering plans, processes, budgets and milestones as well as the softer challenging aspects of overseeing a large engineering team.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Team Leader may involve some of:
* Providing oversight to engineering teams
* Adherence to business processes and governance
* Supporting the production of compelling bid submissions
* Scheduling and resource management of all major aspects of the programme
* Facilitate the evolution of innovation ideas, prototyping, development, productionising, delivery, support and decommissioning
* Building and performance manage effective teams that embrace change and seek continual improvement
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Team Leader:
* Knowledge and understanding of IT and how it can address customer requirements
* Responsible management and leadership
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills
* Professionalism, commitment and continual learning
Understanding of any of,
* MoD contracts and bids
* Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
* Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
* Integration of systems into military vehicles
* Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
What we're looking for in you:
* Ability to demonstrate leadership behaviours
* Recent experience of delivering complex systems and services
* Team management and leadership
* Flexibility to travel within UK
Ideally you will have a strong engineering background and a minimum of 10+ years in the Defence industry
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.