£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + +5% retention bonus
28 days ago
12 Month FTC
Our client in the Chester area has a requirement for an Engineering Supervisor to join their business, initially on a 12 month FTC basis.
-Develop and implement safe working policies, standards and procedures for engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Managing the day to day activities of the engineering department and providing support to the Engineering Manager.
- To maintain, develop and monitor the preventative maintenance program.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve changes to minimise downtime and improve efficiency's throughout the department.
- Responsibility for all engineering, including projects maintenance work and budgetary control for the department.
- Approving expenditures and making decisions about the purchase of materials, spares or services.
- To support the site with engineering activity that improves Site hygiene standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
-A strong academic background
- To demonstrate strong leadership, planning and co-ordination skills
- Good delegation skills that drive accountability and pride in the workplace.
- To demonstrate significant technical competence
Essential Functional / Technical Skills:
- Strong H&S awareness
- Analytical approach
- KPI driven
- Professional qualification in Engineering
- People management
- Proficient in the use of IT systems (SAP, Microsoft packages)
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist