Greater Manchester, England
5 months ago
Engineering Stores Assistant
The role will support maintenance work on plant by ensuring availability of necessary spare parts for ongoing maintenance and repair. As a result, you will maintain and help to increase plant productivity and maximise reliable performance. You will be responsible for stock control, stock rotation and ensuring that re-order levels are optimised in a sustainable way.
* Support Maintenance and Engineering teams to procure items and services by entering purchase requisitions for Engineering & Maintenance Staff
* Process purchase orders and track open purchase orders weekly, contacting suppliers to verify and update status
* Make contact with the order team to check current status/ timing
* Perform monthly maintenance accruals in conjunction with the local finance team
* General management and administration of documents e.g. internal and external audit/ service reports
* Compile KPI reports using data collection and upload to SharePoint
* Process work orders through a computerised maintenance management system (Maximo)
* Work with the maintenance team to develop documented maintenance strategies for all plant equipment and eliminate failures through root cause failure analysis and reliability centred maintenance activities
* Provide input and support to the maintenance and reliability team, procurement, and production departments
* Contribute to developing and continuously improving maintenance job plans and safety plans relating to inventory materials
* Verify maintenance inventory levels by taking physical counts, tracking lost material, adjusting records, ensuring obsolete items are identified
* In conjunction with the Reliability Group, develop, write and implement Storeroom/Inventory procedures
* Undertake job kitting activities for scheduled maintenance work.
* Support deployment of appropriate tools to identify root causes of equipment failure when related to Inventory items
* Promote a culture that builds, operates and maintains plants that are operationally sound, safe and reliable
* Maintain item catalogues, storeroom layouts and relevant controlled areas to ensure items can be located and found efficiently and provide optimum storage conditions/arrangements for items
* Ensure that materials are stored in compliance with legislation and standards for safety and environment
* A level/ NVQ/ BTEC college technical qualification (preferably mechanical or electrical) or equivalent knowledge
* Good knowledge of Warehouse and Maintenance process and activities
* Understanding of root cause analysis and failure analysis e.g. RCFA / RCM / FMEA
* Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
* Knowledge of financial transaction processes and systems
* Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems - Maximo is desirable
* Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other tools as needed
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leader; offering long term development and progression opportunities, along with competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.