ENGINEERING PROJECT MAANGER
This role is to support the delivery of the MLU Weapon Engineering Modifications and Refit Activities through functional management of the engineering team to progress MDSCIs and CRs in accordance with the performance timescales.
AT THE COALFACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the production team in Saudi to capture and assess engineering issues at the waterfront.
- To project manage assigned modifications and cover the day to day workload for Modifications, as directed by line management.
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Conversant with the writing of Design Guidance for ships.
- Solid knowledge of ship borne External Communications, Radar, Echo Sounders
- Ability to produce and undertake Design Reviews.
- Understand the importance of good Requirement Management.
- Able to understand and review technical handbooks and drawings.
- Able to understand and answer technical queries from waterfront or OEMs.
- Broad understanding of engineering products including safety, terminology, lifecycle characteristics and ability to read technical drawings.
- Understanding of current RN Engineering standards.
- Understanding of the company Engineering & Safety Governance.
- Undertaking SHE leadership. Setting standards of safe behaviours and integrating SHE into all aspects of the business as a routine.
- Ensure compliance with the SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall SHE performance.
- Provide suitable information / instruction / communication for the team to undertake all activities in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for SHE, setting high standards across all areas.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)