Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
24 days ago
Job Title: Engineering Planning Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
To lead the development and delivery of the clients Engineering Planning Strategy through establishing, maintaining and improving processes and procedures.
To improve asset performance and reduce its costs and risks by ensuring asset Safety, Reliability and Availability through optimised and strategic maintenance and works planning.
Implement processes and procedures to manage Engineering Access and Possession Planning for the purpose of safe and efficient delivery of maintenance, renewals and enhancements.
Develop the long-term scheduling and visual works plan.
Liaise with stakeholders and third parties to manage and control disruptive access to the network.
Optimise maintenance scheduling across multiple engineering disciplines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working within an engineering planning function, in a safety critical environment, and ideally within passenger transport operations in heavy rail, light rail, or other highly regulated industry.
- Experience of working with various stakeholders, clients and third parties to develop strategic planning solutions and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and promote maintenance optimisation across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience in the use of various IT software, such as Computerised Maintenance Management Systems, and other scheduling and planning tools.
- Knowledge of Asset Management best practice and standards (for example ISO 55001), and how strategic planning integrates within an asset management framework to ensure asset safety, reliability and continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of industry specific safety regulations, and statutory requirements, ideally within passenger transport operations in heavy rail, light rail, or other highly regulated industry.
- Developing and managing long-term planning, access and possession strategies within a safety critical environment, and ideally within passenger transport operations in heavy rail, light rail, or other highly regulated industry
- Producing engineering planning documentation in collaboration with external contractors and internal maintenance delivery teams
- Succinct and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership to execute vision and inform, negotiate with, and persuade stakeholders both within KAM and other external organisations
- Skilled in developing collaborative working relationships in an environment where there is a conflict of priorities across multiple stakeholders
- Communicate effectively within the organisation and promote positive change to better utilise resources and improve efficiencies