Up to £38.00 per hour
11 months ago
An opportunity has risen to join an Aerospace E&I Engineering Weapon System Capability team to support engineering data management and strategic data records activity.
This is a 12 month contract based in Warton, Preston, Lancashire.
The E&I Engineering Assurance and services team is tasked with standing up a Data Management Capability to improve the integrity of engineering data such that the business itself reduces the reworking effort required to resolve chronic data inaccuracies and the customer can rely on our deliveries and services which are data based. This role is to support the Engineering teams who interrogate the current data toolsets and supporting design information to provide consolidated Engineering data attributes that drive the business. Determine change requirements, support implementation of required changes and support the development of data migration from legacy systems to have a single source of truth for each programme.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure SQEP Engineering data support to the back offices
- Ensure data is provided to support the programme demands and is delivered for loading to LN.
- Carry out data investigations for attribute issues identified during completion of the data cleanse load sheets. Propose and document solutions as required including any mitigation activities.
- Carry out any necessary data cleanse activities in line with defined processes and procedures within the assigned subject area.
- Ensure an audit trail for Product Data within the assigned subject area.
- Support integration of assigned subject areas with the wider Product Data architecture.
- Ensure approved changes to Product reference and master data values and meanings within the assigned subject area are published and communicated appropriately.
- Ensure continued configuration and integrity for Product and Non-Product Data sourced across internal & external boundaries, consumed within the subject area.
- Identify improvements and escalate/implement as appropriate as the capability develops.
- Assist in development of material for and training of WSC Engineering team (acknowledging that the actual authors of the data and the owning EDR are not the same).
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Strong ability in Product Configuration and Data Management principles.
- Toolsets DPDS/Team center/ SAPCAM/ ASTRAL/BaanIV, IFS2004, IFS APPS7, JCR.
- Design documentation eg DRLs, DDPS, Technical Specifications, Design Standards, Drawings, QPLs.