Chester, Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, N. W. England, England
2 months ago
A Permanent hands-on and practical role, with responsibility for the full maintenance programme for the site stock control of spares and equipment, budgetary control, adhering to safety and industry regulations. People management for a team of Maintenance Engineers.
* Lead a multi-skilled maintenance organisation ensuring full regulatory compliance with all aspects of Instrument, Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
* Develop and maintain an Engineering Strategy and establish equipment specific maintenance policies for all critical equipment on site and implement Total Reliability. Specifically, around embedding the practices of equipment condition projects including Preventive and Predictive maintenance, Risk Based Inspection and Root Cause Analysis.
* Identification of Safety and Environmental Critical equipment and the development of the required maintenance policies for these items.
* Management of minor project construction activities, ensuring contractor HSE compliance and adherence to QA in project planning and execution.
* Collation and analysis of maintenance data. Identifying repetitive failures/trends and development of a maintenance and integrity improvement/optimisation programme.
* Co-ordinate, manage and analyse the execution of all maintenance activities (preventative, corrective and campaign) according to the planning schedule to ensure technical integrity is maintained, production is maximised and OPEX is minimised.
* Coordinate, manage and analyse the construction of modifications in accordance with the Operations minor modification procedure
* Produce and document a "Critical Spares "list for site and implement and manage spares inventory control and stores system.
* Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas.
* Develop and maintain the site MMS Set up machinery files as defects and repairs occur to build up a data base.
* Co-ordinate on site contractors for repairs and maintenance.
* Organise any shutdowns that may be required to carry out maintenance or repairs.
* Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with company policy and in a safe manner.
* Ensure all preventative maintenance systems meet with external requirements i.e HSE / EA
* Ensure quality checks are carried out accurately and all required data is recorded as required.
* Use specified running methods to ensure the plant is operated as specified.
* Highlight deviations from standard and implement corrective actions as required.
* Proactively manage the HSE aspects of all maintenance and integrity activities for both Argent and contract maintenance staff.
* Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
* Full responsibility for the safety of team members
* Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
* Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company's policies and legislation
* Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
* To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
* Participate in training and personal development activities as required
* Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
* Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Instrumentation Degree Qualified Engineer preferred or HND with appropriate experience multi-skill engineering management experience
* A combined Mechanical / Electrical qualification would be advantageous
* Previous experience working in a multi-skilled maintenance management role essential, including preventative maintenance management, stock control and the practical application of engineering solutions.
* Previous experience of working in a process plant, with a FMCG, Process, Oil, Chemical background or similar.
* Previous people management experience is required ability to manage, organise and motivate individuals
* Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, pressure systems, electrical and mechanical systems
* IT literate with knowledge and understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
* Candidate must be tenacious, focused, solution driven and organised with the ability to roll their sleeves up when required - high levels of energy, commitment and sense of urgency required in an ever-changing environment.