Engineering Manager - Mechanical or Software Design
Role: 2 x Engineering Managers - 1 x Mechanical background + 1 w/Software Design (sonar / radar systems) background / experience
Location: Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset
Salary: £40000 - £65000 + benefits including possible relocation assistance
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith Newburgh, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued success, they are currently looking to recruit 2 x Engineering Managers (1 x mechanical engineering background, 1 x software design background) to to lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver technical outputs
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Specialist engineering knowledge (in one or more of the following areas Mechanical / Electrical/Systems / Electronics / Software)
- The implementation of engineering lifecycles and robust system engineering processes within a product development environment
- Planning and leading engineering work-package and delivery projects
- Leading engineering design activities and providing engineering support throughout the design, test and acceptance phases to ensure specifications are met, problem areas and risks are identified, and design is fit for purpose
- Leadership of the technical concept development of innovative solutions to meet challenging technical requirements
- Generating design specifications and technical procurement specifications
- Understanding the application of project management principles and practice
- Technical management delivery experience as a supplier/integrator. Understanding of estimation, costing, pricing, contract, tender and bid processes
- Excellent written skills, including writing bids and technical reports
- Excellent communication skills, including giving presentations
- Managing and reporting of training outputs.
- Supporting bidding activity by providing estimated costs and timescales for training tasks.
- Working with Product Managers, System Design Authorities, Technical Leads, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Managers and Safety & Environmental Engineers to ensure high quality training outputs are delivered
- Accountable for the delivery of technical outputs to time, cost and quality applying project management methodologies and system engineering principles.
- Build and develop positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers.
- Estimation of the technical costs of work-packages at bid stages to develop cost efficient technical solutions within the budget allocated by maximising re-use of AEUK technology and design.
- Reporting on the team's Work Package Agreement delivery to Project Managers and to Engineering Division management.
- You will be required to work in a high paced environment that requires the ability to use your full breadth of knowledge and skills in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Behavioural requirements
- Highly motivated, energetic, able to see the big picture.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making.
- Promotes a "can do" attitude.
- Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
- Strive to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Have a good working relationship with team members and suppliers
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected, innovative, expanding company at the forefront of their industry offering excellent prospects for future career and salary development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Defence, Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction