Up to £48.30 per hour
20 days ago
Support the Chief Engineer in delivering a platform design which is compliant with the appropriate laws and regulations, is acceptably safe, has an acceptable environmental impact and meets the customer's needs.
Manage the platform and marine engineering delivery teams in the UK.
- Provide leadership on Platform Integration with regard to topside, equipment, and systems, working with other disciplines as necessary.
- Develop and implement solutions to identify customer requirements relevant to requirements and development of acceptance criteria.
- Define and thereafter manage designated engineering processes relating to platform integration.
- Assist in the preparation of the engineering schedule (Platform Integration tasking).
- Manage cost/capability trade-off case studies and prepare proposals for review and approval.
- Maintain close contact with Platform engineering staff to ensure alignment of Variant.
- Approve Engineering Outputs associated with Platform Engineering.
- Other tasks associated with the delegation of Design Authority as agreed with the Chief Engineer
Functional Knowledge General: a. Naval Ships Engineering
- Engineering design and design analysis work c. Through life engineering d. Ship build engineering methodologies Specific to post:
Requires a broad and comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles and concepts, systems theories and practices. Has Provided engineering leadership and expertise related to a major naval platform. Task driven, but able to appreciate the overall purpose of the project and proactively adapt those tasks as required. Help define standards and specifications around which others will operate.
Qualifications required for the role:
- Chartered Engineer;
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline relevant to the design and production of complex naval warships; and
- Full Member or Fellow of a Professional Institution relevant to discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant area such as ship safety, warship design, design management, requirements management, etc.
- An accredited engineering systems operator qualification with a significant safety component.
Business Expertise a. Naval ship design, build, commissioning, acceptance and support
- Requirements development and management to acceptance, for design development and for the management of design change
- Product Safety and Product Environmental management
- Legal and Regulatory compliance
- Quality management in support of Engineering
- Preparing, conducting and recording design testing and acceptance events inline with the Engineering Lifecycle Management processes.
- Contracting for engineering activity and interpreting technical documentation.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.