Up to £47.00 per hour
3 months ago
- Preparation and development of General Arrangement drawings for Naval Ships
- Requirements development and management to acceptance, for design development and for the management of design change concerning the GA
- Safety, Environmental, Legal and Regulatory compliance
- Quality management in support of Engineering
- Timing and nature of transfer of information between stakeholders
- Definition, implementation and management of engineering processes
- Governance / Assurance including LCM
- Engineering Business Systems and data management
- Timely production of the following project outputs:
-General Arrangement Drawings
-Compartment Volume, Area and Locations Report
-Key Plans and Arrangements
-Contractor / Classification Society Communications Report
-CSC Certification Plan
-Margins Management Report
-Tank Arrangements and Capacity Drawing
-Lines and Hull Appendage Drawing
Functional Knowledge General: a. Naval Ships Engineering
- Engineering design and design analysis work c. Through life engineering d. Ship build engineering methodologies Specific to post:
Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of methodology used (and preparation of) General Arrangement Drawings, 3D Models, Key Plans and similar as applied to Naval Ships. Is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines. Undertakes tasks as assigned, but able to appreciate the overall purpose of the project and proactively adapt those tasks as required.
Qualifications required for the role:
- Chartered Engineer;
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline relevant to the design and production of complex naval warships; and
- Full Member or Fellow of a Professional Institution relevant to discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant area such as ship safety, warship design, design management, requirements management, etc.
- An accredited engineering systems operator qualification with a significant safety component.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.