£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Primary Purpose of Role
Engineering Managers (EMs) will be responsible for the following within their specific Engineering Department:
* Delivering day to day line management for the people in the Software / GSE engineering department, including performance management, development actions, resource allocation and technical oversight.
* Direct delivery of specified engineering theks in the fulfilment of bids and projects.
* Reviewing workload requirements and assigning resources, providing regular reporting and escalating conflicts to Engineering Group Manager (EGM).
* Producing and deploying skills development plans and resourcing plans in association with the EGMs.
* Responsibility of Work Package deliverables (by being responsible for Work Package Manager deliverables, estimating hours and milestones within Work Packages, Bids and Studies).
* Cost estimating and time, cost and quality monitoring. Ensuring day to day adherence with these requirements for the specific Engineering Department.
* Work with existing Skills Leads, team members and EGMs on personal development (PDDs) and performance (AADs).
* Perform ad-hoc additional duties that arise from time to time and are consistent with the nature of this position
Key Performance Indicators (not an exhaustive list)
* Work Package / Project Efficiency measures including cost, quality and schedule
* Workforce productivity against business targets
* Budgetary responsibility of the department (timesheets, off-booking, training and travel)
* CAPEX / OPEX identification / control of the department (feeding into EGM's)
* Delivery of AAD & PDD activities within the "campaign" timescales
* Health, Safety & Environment performance against company targets
Principal relationships are required with the following
* Engineering Department Team members
* Engineering Group Manager
* Skills Leads
* Resource Analyst
* Head of Competence Centre
* the departments such as Quality, Supply Chain and Purchasing, Bid & Project Management
* Chief Technical Officer
* Engineering stakeholders within the wider the organisation
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
* A degree in space or aerospace engineering - or a compatible subject (involving significant technical / scientific content)
* Significant Experience of working in a space / aerospace or related industry in a complex stakeholder environment, (multi-country, multi customer, multi discipline)
* A positive track record of delivering engineering solutions on time, to cost, quality and budget in a bid / project management context.
* Previous supervisory experience in a project / engineering context
* Previous experience of developing and deploying skills and resource plans.
Demonstrates role-model behaviours in accordance with the company's Leadership Model
* Shapes Solutions out of Complexity
* Influences Key Stakeholders
* Being Ambitious and Accountable
* Performs Through Co-operation
* Engages and Develops Teams
* Manages Self
Technical Responsibilities with regards to GSE (Electrical and Mechanical) may include:
* Define requirements for GSE systems.
* Design GSE systems for Satellite AIT
* Maintain legacy GSE systems working with team members based in other the Sites for knowledge sharing
* Develop documentation for the GSE systems.
o Functional/block diagrams, Test configuration diagrams, Assembly drawings, Harness drawings, Certification procedures, User manuals.
* Oversee manufacturing process for GSE systems:
o This will include procurement, managing/prioritizing the manufacturing processes. Validation and certification for use in the AIT facility
* 1st level support for the AIT facility
o Including commissioning of hardware, Composition of AIT procedures, Training, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
* Configuration management of the SGE hardware and software components.
* Management of GSE. This will include receipt, preparation, calibration, validation and monitoring its validity while in use
Technical Responsibilities with regards to Software may include:
* Software Test Specification and Development from a Software Requirements Baseline and Software Technical Specification
* Validation script development and execution on a Numerical Software Validation Facility
* Creating Software Test Reports for formal delivery to end customer
* Supporting the software review process and software problem reporting
* Supporting software verification control process for requirements to test traceability