Up to £55.00 per hour
4 months ago
24 months +
MORSON are working in partnership with a large Defence Company and require an Engineering Manager - Flight Control Systems to work on an exciting project to develop a new generation fast jet in the cosmopolitan City of Ankara, Turkey. The role is on a fixed term permanent basis with many benefits including luxury apartment living in gated community, access to fleet vehicles, medical insurance and more. Further details below.
In this role you will be Responsible for development of a fast jet flight control system to preliminary design maturity. Accountable to the Vehicle Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead Your main responsibilities as a Engineering Manager Flight Control Systems will involve: Lead the Design and development of a fast jet flight control system (actuation systems/control system architecture and specification/software definition/system integration) including:
- Requirements capture and management.
- Architecture definition, trade studies and specification.
- Supplier selection, management and equipment engineering.
- System analysis, safety analysis, modelling and simulation.
- System integration at Air Vehicle level Interface with Airframe Design.
- Qualification, certification and verification planning.
- Support development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
- Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager.
- Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders.
- Operate under the governance of the Chief Engineer and appropriate company procedures.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering related subject
- Extensive relevant experience in the development and qualification of aircraft flight control systems including specification of the control solution
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Good team worker but able to operate autonomously as required
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be British Nationals and SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.