City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
- A Chartered Engineer or equivalent, with proven relevant HV electrical engineering experience in a railway environment
- Professional qualifications in electrical engineering or an associated discipline
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting railway systems and in particular the key interfaces and integration's of these systems during the design, construction, test / commissioning and operation stages of a railway
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry and the design, development and assurance processes
- Knowledge of HV systems testing and commissioning
- Good knowledge of construction planning and logistics
- Experience in the management of leading consultants and staff
- Excellent inter-personal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary management team
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills
Main challenges of the job
- Expediting submission of contractor's compliant engineering deliverable to time and budget.
- Management of the design configuration and integration of the scoped asset with others.
- Management of the process for Contractor's Technical Assurance of the designs.
- Timely resolution of interface issues, each with different priorities, programme requirements etc.
- The volume, speed and variety of the issues to be addressed.
- Meeting the engineering safety management and assurance requirements.
The purpose of the role is to support the Project Manager to discharge the technical component of his duties under the contracts in the delivery of HV traction power systems and HV non-traction power systems.