Morson Talent are working with Atlas Elektronik UK to recruit an Engineering Manager to lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support the planning and delivery of AEUK’s project delivery and product developments.
This role is suited to high-calibre engineer with a proven ability to lead and develop multidisciplinary teams in the planning and delivery of AEUK’s projects and products through technical excellence along with a clear focus on delivery to time and cost.
This role requires the development of close working relationships between our design and engineering teams, Project Managers and SDAs, the production and procurement department’s in-order to support the successful planning and delivery of our projects and product developments.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Specialist engineering knowledge (in one or more of the following areas Mechanical / Electrical / Systems / Electronics / Software )
- The implementation of engineering lifecycles and robust system engineering processes within a product development environment
- Planning and leading engineering work-package and delivery projects
- Leading engineering design activities and providing engineering support throughout the design, test and acceptance phases to ensure specifications are met, problem areas and risks are identified, and design is fit for purpose
- Leadership of the technical concept development of innovative solutions to meet challenging technical requirements
- Generating design specifications and technical procurement specifications
- Documenting the design process including demonstrating the verification of system requirements
- Understanding the application of project management principles and practice
- Technical management delivery experience as a supplier/integrator. Understanding of estimation, costing, pricing, contract, tender and bid processes
- Highly motivated, energetic, able to see the big picture.
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment.
- Strive to deliver innovation and best practice.
- The ability to work effectively within a growing, changing workplace.
- Consistently sound judgement and decision making.
- Energy to increase the capability to deliver and improve business results.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
- Strive to exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Have a good working relationship with team members and suppliers
At Atlas Elektronik UK, they support their staff to create work-life balance and encourage applications from individuals who are looking for part time or condensed hours as well as full time opportunities.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).