Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£55000 - £60000 per annum + 23 Days Holiday, 2% Pension Contribution
Rail Technical Team
10 months ago
Our client are specialists in Design and Manufacture of Drive Systems and Vehicle Integration projects, established for 26 years with a background in Commercial Vehicles (7.5 Tonne upwards) they develop Electric & Hybrid Technology, Motors, Gearboxes, Electrical Power Systems & Battery Systems.
Responsibility for implementing the engineering strategy to exceed customer expectations on quality, cost and delivery. To lead a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver projects and to build the right engineering infrastructure for the team reporting to the Managing Director.
- Overall responsibility for engineering activities across the business.
- Create and implement best practice engineering processes to aid and improve business performance.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and standards.
- Work with the leadership team to decide which engineering projects are the highest priority against the business targets.
- Ensure that multi-disciplinary resource is well aligned to maximise delivery of projects and all individuals are clear on expectations.
Ensure manufacturability of product whilst maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets in a timely fashion.
- Report to the senior leadership team on a regular basis progress against relevant KPIs.
- Provide leadership to coach, mentor and develop direct reports and create a high performing team.
- Create a culture that ensures the team are engaged in their roles and employee retention is high.
- Work with the team to translate strategy in to clear individual and team goals.
- Recruit additional people to the team and successfully integrate them to ensure successful delivery of the strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on each project and ensure that there is a high level of customer satisfaction
Skills & Experience:-
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to build and optimise team performance and development
- Demonstrable experience of leading an engineering function with a proven track record in engineering leadership and designing/implementing effective processes and systems
- Strong background in senior project/program management with multiple complex projects
- Credible engineer in one of the following engineering disciplines: mechanical, electronic, electrical, software and systems with a strong track record of high performance
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage and manage key stakeholders
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets and million pound projects
- Experience of managing and driving change with pace
Educated to degree standard in an Engineering discipline. Chartered is highly desirable.