£60000 - £70000 per annum
8 months ago
Are you an experienced leader within an engineering business? Have you managed complex, high-value projects? Would you like the chance to work across the entire lifecycle from bids and proposals through to in-service support? Then this could be the role for you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to work a market leading engineering company based in Dorset. This is a senior role for the business and an exciting opportunity to take the lead on several high-value projects, ensuring these are delivered on-time, remain compliant and stick to budget.
Working closely with Engineering Leaders you will ensure that all engineering work is following process, work packages are correctly in place and that there is sufficient resource within each of your projects to deliver on deadlines.
This is fast paced role, and one where you will be communicating with a variety of people; from Engineering Leads for work updates and resource needs through to Senior Managers for supporting bids, proposals and project updates.
Ultimately, your role will be to successfully lead a portfolio of technical projects, and so the delivery and budgets for these will be in your hands.
As Engineering Manager, you will be;
- Ensuring all projects have the appropriate level of Work Package Management applied, with regular review and reporting of progress against the Work Packages
- Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the delivery of their projects by ensuring all aspects of the delivery are being considered and that company processes are being followed
- Ensuring there is a coherent strategy for the delivery of the various projects within the Business Stream
- Reviewing the risks across individual projects and the wider business area and ensuring suitable mitigation strategies are in place
- Supporting the Functional Leads and Project Engineering Leads in the allocation of appropriate resource, and for resolving resource conflicts within the Business Steam
- Ensuring that the Forward Load across the Business Stream is up-to-date and accurate for the current projects and future opportunities
- Early identification of project issues impacting compliance, schedule, milestones or costs, development of mitigation and/or recovery strategies and appropriate escalation to the Senior Management Team
- Ensuring Internal Research and Development work within the Business Stream is properly resourced, planned and conducted.
- Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the development and delivery of design reviews
- Working with the Business Lead to present the position of the projects at Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews
- Supporting the Bid Manager and Capability Managers in the development and review of the cost books for future opportunities with the Business Stream
- Providing mentoring to the Project Engineering Leads
To be successful in this role you will hold experience of leading and overseeing complex engineering projects, working with multi-disciplined teams to deliver on requirements. You will hold a good amount of experience working across an entire project lifecycle; from supporting with bids and propels, production delivery and through to in-service support. As each project will consist of mechanical, electrical and software SMEs, proven experience of working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a market leader and have a real impact on their Engineering function.
For more information please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4590 or apply online today!