15 days ago
Engineering Manager x 2 , Contract, Didcot
Our client is looking for Engineering Managers who will be responsible for developing engineering solutions in specified areas of expertise to meet the needs of the disposal programme e.g. intelligent client capability in the area of mechanical engineering, civil engineering, mining engineering, transport etc.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for acting as Intelligent Client for engineering design services in the appropriate engineering technical disciplines.
- Intelligent customer for engineering input to safety integrated design and disposability assessments, in accordance with RWM procedures.
- Identification and specification of engineering design requirements.
- Responsible for acting as part of RWM's Design Authority for appropriate aspects of the GDF design and transport system.
- Responsible for obtaining engineering solutions through the supply chain that satisfy the requirements of the Disposal System Specification.
- Responsible for specifying, co-ordinating and managing engineering studies to investigate design solutions.
- Contributes to the development of the engineering programme.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of engineering tools and processes.
- Contributes to engineering input to site identification and selection.
- Responsible for interfacing with colleagues within RWM to ensure design solutions are developed which meet with specification and safety requirements.
Candidates must have:
- Good first degree in engineering or science subject with appropriate engineering experience. Chartered Engineer and Member of relevant professional institution.
- Experience of contract specification and management of contracts for engineering design services.
- Understanding of aspects of geological disposal facility and / or transport system within own technical discipline.
- Experience of delivering designs in a safety critical environment.