18 days ago
The role holder acts as the overarching custodian of the clients Engineering Directorate Management System and associated standards, processes, procedures and work instructions. The role identifies cost saving opportunities through the reporting of the engineering business scorecard and benchmarking against best practice.
The role seeks to ensure that the transformation activities enable the culture change required to drive success in the business.
As part of the senior management team, this role is jointly responsible for improving diversity and inclusion across the whole directorate, role modelling a one-team approach and the prevention of all injuries or harm to customers, employees and others as a core value.
1. Responsible for setting and managing the clients Engineering Directorate technical and business standard regimes, processes and methods for all engineering activity.
2. Develop, maintain and manage the engineering performance scorecard
3. Own and maintain the Engineering Quality Management System and associated Technical Assurance regime
4. Develop, maintain and manage all governance frameworks for the Directorate
5. Develop, maintain and manage the "live" frameworks for the Directorate delegated authorities, both technical and business including recording specific delegated authority limitations.
6. Ensure all mandatory processes and methods are published, available and communicated to staff
7. Lead a team of continuous improvement specialists ensuring they are delivering agreed business benefits.
8. Ensure that any improvements made are fully embedded in the Engineering Management System and that links to the clients Management System are current and under appropriate configuration change control
1. Educated to degree level in an Engineering or Business related subject, or equivalent working experience.
2. Detailed knowledge of management systems including quality management systems
3. Detailed knowledge of business finance structures and strategic level reporting requirements.
4. Detailed understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks within which the client businesses operate
1. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements in to meaningful measures.
2. Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence senior management.
3. Must be business focused with a commitment to continuous improvement.
1. Leadership experience in managing performance through others in an operational environment.
2. Proven experience of managing stakeholders at all levels across an organisation.
3. Proven experience of delivering improvement using industry best practice.