£300.00 - £350.00 per day
25 days ago
Our client a leading Energy company are seeking an Engineering Coordinator for an on-going contract role based in Glasgow.
Job Purpose Statement
Responsible for developing and coordinating engineering solutions from feasibility to detailed engineering designs for transmission networks (132kV and above) in Civil/Plant/P&C/OHL/Cables and other equipment. This will include providing the necessary basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for projects, innovation, effective technical support, advice, site liaison and input throughout the lifecycle of the project.
* Responsible for coordinating basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for civils/main plant/P&C/OHL/Cables and other equipment.
* Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with SPT requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Advice on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to Civil/Plant/P&C/OHL/Cables and other equipment.
* Define engineering requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and BETTA documentation.
* Ensure designs, equipment and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements.
* Liase across multi disciplinary engineering teams to provide end to end integrated solution.
* Responsible for providing technical assessment on design, construction and operation areas on tender submissions and reporting recommendations to project team.
* Tender assessment of engineering (including suppliers), support to project management on the assessment of bids.
* Preparation/Review of design drawings and specifications for construction/procurement.
* Perform all duties with and promote internally and externally a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environmental compliance and continuous improvement.
* Drive industry best practice and technological advances within the project team/department.
The role is for an engineering design person to be directly involved in managing/supporting/coordinating Engineering design solutions for transmission projects.
Project Portfolio - specific engineering outputs associated with delivery of transmission projects
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
* Working towards membership of a professional institution.
* Proven experience in a responsible position and knowledge in one or more of the following areas from 33kV to 400kV:
* Switchgear/Transformers/Transmission and distribution system design
* Civil design
* Main Plant design
* Protection & Control design
* OHL and cables design
* Experience in Electricity Network Construction Projects
* Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
* Knowledge of health & safety requirements and compliance
* Engineering degree or equivalent experience
* Proven experience in delivering engineering solutions and designs for high value and complex Plant Engineering projects
* Communicate with and influence senior managers
* Writing clear and concise reports and documents covering technical subjects