- To define, instigate and execute the activities required to design, develop and qualify the helicopter and its systems to the requirements of customers and the certifying authorities. To manage the schedule, cost and quality of these activities.
- To develop the capability of the helicopter and systems, in line with the company's strategic aims, through research and development of technologies, methods and engineering skills.
- To lead Systems Engineering activities including operational analysis, requirements capture, preliminary design, design and development, test and evaluation, qualification and certification.
- To provide the skills and knowledge required of an aircraft design organisation to satisfy the Civil and Military authorities requirements for safety and airworthiness approval. To carry out the activities required to demonstrate airworthiness of the company's products, including continued airworthiness
- The UK Engineering Planning and Control department provides the business functions to the control the execution of work conducted in Engineering as part of the integrated UK and ITA organisation. Specific activities include the planning at task level of all activities to be conducted in Engineering; resource capacity planning; the budget process for labour, operating costs and investments; regular project performance evaluation; supporting Offload & Accounting Department for offload, accounting and work transfer.
- Coordinate the UK requests for Engineering external workers. Liaise with departments to understand offload resource requirements. Reconcile requests against programme budgets for Engineering Governance approval. Liaise with suppliers, UK and overseas, to coordinate the provision of subcontractors to meet these requirements.
- Coordinate the statements of work describing Engineering Work Transfer between UK and Italy, administer the transfer of work from UK Engineering to ITA Engineering through the intercompany SAP work transfer process by placing Purchase Order requisitions, checking acceptable performance of the work, liaising with Programmes to raise Primary Cost Networks, checking and accepting the delivery which clears the invoice for payment.
- Administer the receipt of work originating from LHD ITA Engineering through the intercompany SAP work transfer process for Sales Orders, the setting up of UK cost collector WBS and networks in SAP linked to the Sales Order, launch of the work, creating the SAP delivery confirmation and monitor invoicing through Finance.
- Review and monitor the CATS timesheet booking system for Engineering users, dealing with supporting the correction of missing timesheets and unapproved entries.
- Coordinate and monitor the UK Engineering Operating Cost expenditure for Engineering Cost Centres. Review/report monthly variance analysis. Analyse entries to highlight issues and request correction of erroneous postings. Completion and submission of the Engineering input to Italy for their monthly Operating Costs report. Monitor levels of Diversions spend.
- Review and maintain accurate records of Engineering external workers on site. Liaise with Indirect Procurement and Suppliers to ensure adequacy of supply chain against future engineering requirements (capacity/skills). Liaise with Security and HR.
- Review and maintain accurate records of agreed charge rates for external workers on site.
- Review and maintain the Engineering Budget Tool of current permanent staff and external workers.
- Review and maintain the Engineering Budget Tool of Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, and enter progress of Fixed Price Offloads
- Support the maintenance SAP project structures, WBSs, networks, EACs and budgets
- Review offload requirements and placement of Orders on suppliers for provision of subcontractor labour and fixed package work.
- Create Purchase Order Requisitions for offload and work transfer requirements and fixed package work and A1 approve CTO agreed requests. Ensure SAP work budgets exist for planned work.
- Check all Engineering invoices (via Lucystar) for validity, reconcile to originating Purchase Order and A1 SAP approve. Receive and check invoices. Coordinate supplier payments and check performance and A1 receipt. Reconcile hours performed against hours approved and skill codes.
- Report on the performance of work package activities in respect to allocated budgets and schedule, providing the appropriate management information or contract deliverables.
- Resolve SAP data integrity issues
- Assist in resolving missing timesheet and unapproved hours queries
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working Knowledge of MS Excel with understanding of Formulas, Pivot Tables, Lookups
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills to liaise with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Ability to acquire expert status of SAP transaction processes in respect to Purchase Requisitions, Service and Goods Receipt, Management of WBS/Networks, CATS bookings and Work Transfer. Any prior knowledge would be advantageous
- Engineering technical or organisational background sufficient to undertake role.