£35000.00 - £42500.00 per annum + car/allowance
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Our client are are looking for an Engineering Competence Trainer to join the team at one of the UK's leading suppliers of Road Rail Vehicles. They are a well respected business who deliver RRV Hire, POS Services, and Principal Contracting services to their customers throughout the UK.
Due to retirement, the are now looking to appoint an engineering competence trainer, who is qualified TAQA - A1 Assessor or Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment and Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) or Train the Trainer City & Guilds 7331 or PTTLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
This individual will play a national role and be prepared to travel to various company depots around the UK. The ideal candidate should have a background in plant mechanics and as such, have a strong understanding of some of attributes outlined in the personal specification below.
Main Purpose of the Role:
As the Engineering Competence Trainer, you will be responsible for ensuring Plant Maintenance Engineers meet the requirements for all aspects of Training, and the Safety, Health, Environmental, Quality, Competence and Compliance requirements for the Engineering Rail Sector.
* Conducting assessments using a range of methods to ensure competence in safety critical maintenance of On Track Plant and Construction Plant Equipment.
* Delivering maintenance and vehicle familiarisation training to Plant Engineers nationally.
* Ensuring all Road Rail Vehicles (RRV) are safe, compliant, and capable of completing work undertaken on the Rail infrastructure in line with legislation, Railway Group and Business Standards.
* Ensuring the assessment programme records are maintained and kept up to date in line with audit requirements
* Assessing the maintenance staff using RPA standards.
* Ensuring all staff have attended required training, have received necessary certification, and are competent to complete the required work in accordance with safe working practices when maintaining Road Rail Vehicles and Attachments.
* Supporting the development and delivery of safety critical maintenance briefings, toolbox talks and information to the Plant Engineering teams when required.
* Ensuring all training documents and assessment records are valid and accurate in accordance with audit and regulatory requirements.
* Delivery of competence assessments and training nationally, requiring business travel and overnight stays throughout the UK.
* Planning and scheduling future training requirements in conjunction with operational delivery requirements.
* Providing accurate training analysis, reports and data for the Engineering function.
* Assist in developing, implementing, and issuing, Plant Engineering Bulletins and Instructions, working closely with the SHEQ and Compliance functions.
* Preparing training material and lesson plans ensuring training is delivered effectively.
* Ensuring compliance with Legislation, Railway Group Standards, Network Rail Business Standards and Company policy.
* Assisting with Safety Critical Defects, liaising with the nominated IMC when required.
* Supporting on maintenance, root cause analysis and visual plant inspections on new/upgrade machine inspections as required.
As the Engineering Competence Trainer, you will have knowledge of industry related regulations including HASAWA, Abrasive Wheels, PUWER, LOLER and Plant Machinery safety awareness. You will be computer literate and have sufficient experience using Microsoft Office programmes (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel). You must also work on your own initiative visiting depots and delivering training throughout the UK.
Regular business travel and overnight stays are required.
Candidates from industries such as rail, heavy goods, HGVs, heavy plant equipment and agriculture.
Qualifications and Experience
* Considerable Experience within an Engineering Training and Competence role.
* NVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance or Equivalent
* Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET) or Train the Trainer City & Guilds 7331 or PTTLS (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
* Qualified TAQA - A1 Assessor or Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
* Plant Engineering Competencies in: Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Electrics
* Management Competencies: People, Professional Development, Safety and Environmental.
* Knowledge of Maintenance and Supervision of Plant or equivalent.
* Full UK Driving License
Interested? Please can Ben Pascall on 07890 609 653 for a chat or email