2 months ago
Job Title: Engineering & Environment Director
Location: Home Based / UK Wide
Salary: Executive level Salary, Company Car / CA + Bonus, Private Medical Cover, Pension and More
The role is to join one of the fastest growing and most respected brands within the UK consumer market, owned by global leader with C.£50 Billion backing. Reporting into the Operations Director and a key member of the UK Executive team, this role comes with a UK wide remit owning, leading and driving the group engineering and environmental strategy.
- Deliver capex projects within budget and agreed timescales.
- Direct and manage the maintenance of all Operations facilities within the annual £3m budget. Ensuring customer service, health and safety and compliance are always maintained.
- Drive improvements to environmental impacts, managing the environmental budget to maximum impact.
- Manage and optimise energy usage, driving initiatives to reduce spend and environmental impact year on year. Responsible for CRC and CCA compliance with the Environment Agency.
- Determine the scope and specifications for large new equipment across the business.
- Manage the engineering team to ensure operations are always able to fully function
- Manage the acquisition of all new vehicles and safe disposal of the old fleet whilst optimising efficiency and value
- Electrical duty holder for the group responsible for all high and low voltage installations
- Responsible for the control of legionella across the group with high risk sites running evaporative condensers
- Ensure ISO 14001 is maintained and identify other opportunities for accreditation (eg ISO 50001)
- Management and optimisation of maintenance contracts ensuring providers are held accountable for delivery to agreed terms.
- Set direction and implement the latest technology to the business (eg LED lighting, CO2 refrigeration plant) where advantageous to do so
- Manage major incidents and recovery to ensure the business is operational and delivering to customers as soon as possible
- Ideally educated to degree level and Chartered Engineer status
- Strong experience delivering engineering and environmental strategies across multisite operations, large asset management roles ideally within food, food disruption, automated warehouse environments
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical handling equipment and the ability to manage a large fleet (C.1000 trucks)
- This role requires a candidate to have experience of and a good understanding of high and low voltage systems as well as the regulations BS7671
- Sufficient knowledge of all types of refrigeration systems including large ammonia plants is required as well as the ability to scope and influence the design.
- A broad civil engineering understanding of drainage systems, external works and internal fabric experience of chiller and freezer construction and underfloor heater mat construction.
- Experience of managing large asset development projects
- Ability to lead a team that ensures maintaining customer service is of paramount concern
- Commercially astute with Budget management of experience of c£10m pa
- Solid communication ability to influence at senior levels
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the business, both internally and externally
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.