£0.00 - £50000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Job Title: Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager/Senior engineer
Accountable to: Head of Technical
Job Purpose: To manage the engineering design from land appraisal through to construction issue.
Budgets: Design within budget set by others and report any overspend to Engineering Manager/Senior engineer.
Scope: The role of the Technical Department in an Operating Company is to provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
This will encompass site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigations of any technical problems encountered and provision of economical and viable solutions. This may involve liaison with, appointment of and co-ordination of external professionals.
The technical department are involved with our client product from inception to completion.
1. Advise Land Dept on Technical viability of new sites
2. Assist in the production of layouts and technical report for Land Appraisals and required working drawings
3. Prepare outline engineering schematics for Land Appraisals
4. Brief and commission site investigations, topographical survey and other assessment reports on land acquired
5. Brief engineering consultants on scope of design
6. Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues when apprising land
7. Manage initial technical submissions for approval by statutory authorities (e.g. S104, S38, S278)
8. Issue engineering information to Commercial, Construction and Sales departments
9. Fee negotiation and appointment of consultants
10. Obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S104 and S38 Agreements
11. Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans and M colours
12. Answer Technical queries
13. POS, S38, S104 adoptions
14. In house Planning supervisors role
15. Liaise with Barratt's Commercial department with respect to service costs.
16. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group's Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
17. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
18. Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisation's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Decision Making Authority:
* Appointment of Consultants in consultation with line manager
* Agreement of fees for consultants in line with budget
* Agreement of details with statutory authorities
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.