Up to £50000 per annum
6 months ago
Engineer Surveyor - Area Manager / Regional Engineering Manager (Mechanical Engineer Surveyor)
Location Home based covering Luton, Stevenage, Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire area
Starting salary £50,000 + car + pension + private health care + benefits + flexible hours + training + 25 days holiday
- Managing a team of 10 - 15 home based Engineer Surveyors working for an Engineering Insurance & inspection company.
- You will be a hands on Mechanical Engineer Surveyor approximately 60 - 70% and a manager 30 - 40%
- You will perform inspections as well as doing performance appraisals, ensure Engineer Surveyors are carrying out inspections properly both technically and operationally.
- To carry out service surveys and inspections on industrial and manufacturing plant and machinery.
- Ensure equipment is safe and fit for use.
- Write reports.
- All work is LOCAL / regionalised.
- Must have experience as a Mechanical Engineer Surveyor.
- Lifting & Handling / Materials Handling, lift and crane, Lift / Crane - preferred
Boiler Pressure - steam, air and water systems background (nice to have)
- Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering discipline (or part Mechanical course) or I Eng or Level 4 or Level 5.
- Ex Forces background can sometimes be ideal but not essential - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.
To apply send CV to tim . fawcett @ morson . com or call 0161 .- 707 .- 1516 for an informal & confidential chat.
Key words - area manager; regional engineering manager; mechanical engineer surveyor manager, team leader; materials handling; cranes; overhead cranes; gantry crane; insurance inspection; scissor lifts; lifting gear; lifting equipment; hydraulics; jib; lifting tackle; Mechanical; Electrical; Mechatronics; in service inspection; Maintenance; Manufacturing; mechanical engineer surveyor; engineer surveyor; crane surveyor; lift surveyor; service engineer; maintenance; loler; puwer; pssr; coshh; maintenance engineer; repair; fault finding; Higher National Certificate (HNC); Higher National Diploma (HND); Mechanical Engineering discipline; Electromechanical; Plant Engineering; Mechatronics; Marine Engineering;