South West England, England
27 days ago
Provide business with Instrumentation Engineering Support capability.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Interpretation of Instrumentation requirements, maintenance and configuration control of Systems, use of sound engineering knowledge base to establish and develop calibration techniques.
- Plan and execute Instrumentation activities associated with the installation of new, and any changes to existing, Instrumentation installations in accordance with aircraft schedules.
- Ensure accuracy of the recorded data results and complete readiness for any given test configuration.
- Responsibility to sign the aircraft pre flight documentation.
- To work at all times recognising the applicable Health and Safety regulations and to operate in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
- Degree in Electronic Systems Engineering or HNC/HND/BTEC and Apprenticeship.
- Technical knowledge of Electrical / Electronic theory, Database Computing and an understanding of analogue and digital signal processing principles.
- Specific working knowledge of Data Acquisition Systems, helicopter ground and flight test procedures and the principles of working on and with helicopter components.
- Knowledge of Telemetry Systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with rigorous attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of work carried out, thus ensuring at all times the highest integrity and safety of the Instrumentation, the aircraft and its occupants.
- Awareness of AWL Environmental, Health and Safety, policies and quality objectives. Candidate needs to have mobility (no restrictions) to be deployed on trials worldwide.