East London, London
£285 - £315 per day
about 1 month ago
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35
To provide specialist technical services within an organisation unit by producing design drawings to assist in enabling improvement of transport system operational performance in line with policies, technical strategies and local procedures as required.
- To produce or amend mechanical, electrical, premises and civil engineering drawings using Microstation V8i computer aided design software.
- To work in partnership with the internal engineering team to deliver the final detailed design & as-built drawing documentation.
- To manage the coordination of different assets within the CAD model.
- To provide a range of CAD services to the engineering body throughout the life of the project, utilising the use of 2D/3D modelling, generating visualisations, attending site, collaborating with other departments & managing the graphical documentation.
- Ensuring all CAD data that is produced adheres to the required standards & corporate governance.
- Specialist understanding of Microstation and ProjectWise
- Basic knowledge of relevant TfL, British and International standards
- National qualifications and/or diploma related to engineering or construction disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Aided Design applications and engineering content management systems,
- Knowledge in the commercial aspects of engineering design process.
- Microstation 2D & 3D
- Ability to define/propose computer aided engineering solutions from defined engineering requirements.
- Ability to define, analyse and prioritise business and project requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Experience of providing technical support on the production, coordination and exchange of engineering design data.
- Managerial and/or coordination experience of CAD systems
- Experience of carrying out technical document review and analysis.
- Experience of working in a construction or engineering environment.
- Experience within the rail industry would be highly advantageous however not essential
- Experience of Microstation