Up to £37.00 per hour
17 days ago
To manage and deliver an effective and efficient Quick Engine Change Bay service within the Maintenance Services UK organisation, for the continued delivery of contracted support services delegated to the client.
- Accountable for the acquisition and retention of the relative Certificate of Release privileges issued by the client.
- Accountable for delivering, on time and to quality, QEC Bay services within the client's organisation, to meet contractual obligations.
- Accountable for the safe, effective and efficient operation of the QEC Bay to meet contractual obligations.
- Successful acquisition and retention of the Part 145 Certificate of Release certification privileges relevant to the QEC Bay.
- Supervise, perform and certify QEC Bay tasks, both locally managed and allocated to the department within the scope of approval.
- To ensure that QEC Bay activities are planned, resourced, co-ordinated and actioned promptly to comply with the demands of the operation.
- Ensure the safe, efficient, on time and to quality output of the QEC Bay product.
- Ensure accurate logging and reporting of man hours and component movements for the purpose of Performance Indication.
MAJOR PROBLEMS TO BE SOLVED IN THE POSITION
- To become fully conversant with the military regulatory regime as defined by the UK Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications and in particular with the 4000 Series Regulatory Articles.
- To attain certification privileges for the issuance of the required release certificates on behalf of the client, approved by the UK Military Aviation Authority.
- To develop a Lean approach to QEC Bay activities, increasing output, efficiency and reducing waste and cost to the company.
- To act as Safety Champion for the QEC Bay and assist in the development, implementation and operation of the Safety Management System.
- Establish, maintain and ensure utilisation of a mechanism for accurate man hour recording and reporting for Performance Indication purposes.
- Champion the integration of a software solution to QEC Bay maintenance.
- HNC or above with an Engineering background, or Licensed Aircraft Engineer A or B category. Aeronautical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent. 10 years minimum in the Aviation Industry.
- Indentured Time Served Aircraft Engineer or Aero Engine Technician with extensive Engine experience.
- Experienced in Supervision/Management and running a team or section within Aeronautical Engineering.
- Practical experience of managing workflow, prioritizing critical path and generating effective reports.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, including fluency in communication using technical vocabulary. Ability to communicate in other European language(s) would be beneficial.
- Ability to accurately manage assets
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to manage day-to-day communications effectively and efficiently
- Ability to understand and interpret stakeholder expectations and needs
- Ability to manage and follow-up customer requirements and short-term actions
- Ability to develop strategies and to plan, including ability to assimilate different facts and opinions in determining innovative solutions to satisfy a wide range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail, systematic behaviour and reliability are necessary, with personal aspirations for continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage and cultivate important relationships essential
- Ability to influence important relationships at a wide range of levels (e.g. working level and management) whilst acting as a trusted advisor essential
- Ability to take the initiative in sustaining customer satisfaction under pressure necessary, including the willingness to take ownership of problems and provide authoritative answers
- Sensitivity to the unspoken interests and concerns of others necessary
- Ability to put the interests of the program/product ahead of national or company allegiances necessary