West Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
12 days ago
Morson International is recruiting for an Engagement Advisor based in the Midlands working for a Large Rail client.
You will deliver the plan for engaging with communities and their representatives affected by the project, and manage external stakeholder relationships in order to support organisational objectives.
- Deliver the engagement plan to ensure stakeholders are aware of: the project; its benefits and local impacts; support communities affected; and how they can get involved in the development of the railway.
- Develop and manage relationships with local authority engagement officers and key community leaders and representatives to achieve engagement objectives and to develop a strong understanding of the local community.
- Organise, facilitate and contribute to community group and stakeholder meetings and events
- Maintain records of engagement, follow up on all actions and correspondence to preserve stakeholder relationships.
- Support stakeholder relationships, responding to stakeholder correspondence and queries, seeking the appropriate internal expertise to provide responses where necessary.
- Work with other directorates and functions to ensure coordination of stakeholder engagement and messaging.
- Prepare briefing materials and represent the organisation alongside ministers and senior management to support wider communications and stakeholder objectives.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed to promote knowledge and understanding of community views and concerns within the organisation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate experience in a public-facing role, including time in a challenging and complex environment and a demonstrable track record of working with local communities and/or their representatives.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including at face to face meetings and events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to absorb, record, organise and analyse large quantities of complex information and to relay this in an appropriate way to local stakeholders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadlines.
- Experience of community engagement in local government, major public sector infrastructure or environmentally based projects would be desirable.