US$62000.00 - US$103000.00 per annum
2 months ago
My Client is entering a new phase of its development, with four liquefaction trains having been commissioned at the Sabine Pass facility, and three more under construction at both Sabine Pass and Corpus Christi. Simultaneously, the company is continuing to build up its LNG marketing, optimization and shipping business.
As My Client gradually turns itself from project developer into true operational company, the Board and management are keen to ensure that risks are properly identified, measured and controlled. A global risk department covering both Houston and London under the leadership the Chief Risk Officer is tasked with identifying, measuring and controlling the risk associated with My Client's commodity business. The Department consists of global market, credit and quant risk teams responsible for the development and maintenance of an appropriate risk framework in their respective areas. A few key risk areas have been identified as requiring additional resourcing from seasoned risk professionals, including one position in market risk in Houston.
The position requires an energy trading risk analyst with advanced skills in using the Endur ETRM system and highly developed analytical, numerical and statistical skills. They will be broadly responsible for assisting the risk team with both developing the Risk Department's capabilities and delivering the current Risk Management requirements. The position will be specifically accountable for daily risk reporting to ensure compliance with Risk Policies and Limits as well as providing risk analysis for proposed transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing general risk support and advice to the Houston office, including in particular colleagues in the market and credit risk teams.
Specific duties of the role are expected to include:
* Using complex risk models or tools required to understand and analyze market risk
* Ensuring that the representation of complex transactions in My Client's systems of record provides a fair picture of the associated risks
* Providing ad-hoc risk analysis around complex transactions put forward by the Front Office
* Liaising with Front Office on the risk analysis related to its current portfolio and proposed transactions
* Daily reporting to ensure compliance with the Risk policy.
* Assisting the Director, Market Risk with developing and documenting risk policies and procedures.
Additional duties will vary and may include work in risk modeling and analysis, and development work in the areas of market, credit and operational risk and providing back up for the responsibilities of other Risk Team members.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
* Education and Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
* Experience: Candidate must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience within the commodity trading/marketing industry preferably in a risk management role.
o Quantitative and financial modeling skills.
o Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
o Proficient with OpenLink Endur, Zema, risk tools.
o Excellent analytical skills, self-motivated and capable of independent achievement.
o Strong business analysis, modeling and problem solving skills with a technical propensity and strong follow-through.
o Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
o Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.