Up to £23.23 per hour
about 2 months ago
As an Energetic Materials scientist you will be a key member of the Energetics Materials Team at Glascoed where you will undertake research and production support programmes across a diverse range of materials, liaising with other business functions and ensuring that the highest technical and safety standards are maintained.
Your main responsibilities as an Energetics Material Scientist will require:
1. Working in a safe manner at all times. Nothing is more important than ensuring we all go home safe and sound at the end of the day.
* Reporting all hazards, near misses and accidents on OSHENS software.
* Co-operating with OSHENS investigations where required.
* If in doubt STOP and ASK.
2. Extensive execution of project work in support of internal & external customers, either independently or as part of a team. Ensuring the progression and timely completion of nominated projects by
* Deriving a robust plan for all nominated projects with a suitable accompanying Safe System of Work (including disposal)
* Conducting the practical work required of the project, including the suitable handling of energetic materials and operation of processing equipment and instrumentation.
* Ensuring that material inventories are controlled by liaising with PM and resource controllers.
* Conducting tests & trials and analysing the results to understand the behaviour of the materials / systems under test.
* Maintaining a design record that can be used to support review sessions.
* Maintaining and compiling specifications and Safety Data sheets for formulations
* Compiling reports and presentations to a high standard for distribution to internal and external customers.
* Presenting results to stakeholders as required.
3. Support to the timely compilation of bid documents by
* Supporting business development and bid managers in compiling information in bid preparation phase i.e. material costs and labour requirements.
* Supporting RBA and TBR processes as required by line management and PM.
4. An awareness and reporting of technologies that would benefit the business by
* Logging ideas and innovations on Innovation Portal
* Undertaking passive technology watch activities
* Identifying continuous improvement activities to line management
5. Supporting the efficient running of the Energetics facility by:
* Facilitating scheduled maintenance interventions
* Facilitating reactive maintenance interventions
* Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
* Ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and site SHE guidance
£23.23 per hour PAYE