West End, London
about 1 month ago
Enabling Works Manager , Contract London SW1Y 4PE
To develop the enabling works scheme for Bradwell B and provide input to the wider Bradwell B project development activities (including planning and consents, licencing, construction planning and associated developments, engineering feasibility/ design, cost estimate and delivery model) on matters relating to enabling works.
The Enabling Works Manager will lead the development and ultimate delivery of relevant Enabling Works projects as required to ensure the main Bradwell B development site is ready for main construction in line with the overall schedule. Enabling Works scope is still being determined but will likely include site preparation and clearance, utility connections and initial site setup/ establishment.
Independently responsible for the following work:
- Manage all Enabling Works project development activities for Bradwell B main site, ultimately securing sanction to implement the works.
- Define and deliver (with CNPEC and UK supply chain) a programme of development including scoping and defining the works, securing consent (in collaboration with the planning consents and permissions team) and defining the schedule and cost to complete.
- Manage project cost, schedule and deliverables in accordance with BRB processes and procedures.
- Source benchmarking data and conduct market testing with the UK supply chain.
- Specify and procure UK supply chain services working closely with BRB Commercial department in accordance with BRB procurement processes.
- Work with the UK supply chain to develop a clear outline methodology for delivery of the works.
- Produce sequence and phasing diagrams as required to support wider project consenting and permitting.
- Work with other team members to ensure integration across Construction Planning, Enabling Works and Associated Development scopes of work and schedules.
- Build strong, trusting and collaborative relationships with CNPEC.
- Produce briefs and procure required external contractors and consultant support.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- This is a key role in the Bradwell B project development team. The post holder must have significant construction experience across UK infrastructure/ energy sectors ideally with direct experience of planning and delivering nuclear new build projects - particularly in the early phases.
- The post holder will be expected to take a broad view across the project whilst showing a keen attention to detail in particular areas, balancing different views and perspectives from both suppliers, stakeholders and shareholders. Interpersonal and influencing skills will be vital as well as the foresight to identify and prioritise potential construction risks/ opportunities, problem solving skills to define plans of work to further evaluate these and the ability to present results and conclusions clearly and concisely.
- To be minimally qualified for this role, a candidate must have:
- Significant experience of developing and implementing major infrastructure/ nuclear new build projects and/or large programmes of similar complexity in a highly regulated environment.
- Expertise in construction management and construction methodologies across groundworks, civil/ building, mechanical/ electrical works.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject and chartered members of a relevant institute (or able to demonstrate equivalent professional experience).
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, able to build strong working relationships, influence others and work collaboratively.
- Strong presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior leaders and executives.
- Experience of working in a multi-culture, international environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail