£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car allowance
9 months ago
I am recruiting for an Employee Relations Specialist for my fast-paced client in Kent.
You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business as the role is set in a diverse environment offering you the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with all of the business areas.
Accountabilities of the role
* First point of contact for line managers on employee relations matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability.
* Liaise with the company's legal advisors in relation to more complex cases and support the ER and Policy development manager and external solicitors with the management of employment tribunal claims as required.
* Development of line managers to manage ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER
* Coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible
* Proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisition, ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met, in fostering a supportive partnership relationship with the unions at local level.
Skills and Experience required
As an experienced HR professional, you will possess strong experienced within a unionised and regulated environment.
The successful applicant will articulate their ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment. You will be an excellent communicator and highly organised with experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
Well-developed influencing skills are a must as you will be required to liaise with management at varying levels within our diverse business.
You will be CIPD Level 7 or equivalent
For the right candidate this position offers a great challenge and an amazing opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey.