Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Employee Relations Manager
Location - Birmingham, East Midlands
Alternate Locations Bristol, UK - Cardiff, Croydon, Leeds, Manchester, St. Albans
I am recruiting for an Employee Relations Manager to join a team of HR professionals on a 13-month fixed term contract. Reporting into the HR Director, the main purpose of this role is to lead the Employee Relations Team in providing ER support across the UK&I. This role will be responsible for policy development, ownership of ER issues and ensuring that the HR function as a whole is aware of relevant legislation developments.
This role can be based from any location in the UK or Ireland. Occasional travel to St Albans and other locations will be required.
* Plan, organise and prioritise workload on a daily/weekly/monthly basis ensuring that work is evenly allocated across the team and that adequate cover is available to ensure service levels are maintained within the ER telephony team
* Policy development
* Manage and allocate ER caseload
* Lead, manage, coach and develop ER Advisers
* Identify trends and patterns in cases using MI and manage accordingly with the wider HR Team.
* Continually review, suggest and implement improvements to the way advice and support is delivered
* Oversee the delivery of ER across the UK&I, owning 'serious case management
* Work in conjunction with the HR Operations and wider HR teams to ensure a 'one HR' joined up approach
* Provide regular updates to wider HR Team on relevant legislation developments
Specific Skills Required:
* Proven experience of managing high volume and complex employee relations issues in an efficient and effective manner across all of the disciplines including but not limited to TUPE, collective consultation and tribunal claims. Experience to ideally also include Irish employment law.
* Proven experience of managing a team, carrying out performance reviews and producing development plans
* Proven experience of providing robust solutions and improvements based on the analysis of the information and data
* Proven experience of enhancing processes which have benefited the business
* Demonstrable high order planning and prioritising skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and work well under pressure
* Proven experience of delivering excellent customer service both as an individual and also in a team environment
* Confident to deal with all levels of employees across the organisation both verbally and in writing
* Not afraid to deal with conflict, calm under pressure
* Flexible attitude to assist in other areas of the team as and when the business needs demand it
* This will be a strategic as well as operational role so you must demonstrate the ability to work hands on where required
* Experience of working in a shared service environment with particular focus on ER resolution