St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£40000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
I am recruiting for an Employee Relations advisor to join my Construction Client in St Albans.
Reporting into the Employee Relations Manager the primary focus of this role will be to provide accurate, high quality ER telephony advice and support. Taking responsibility for a variety of disciplines and acting as SME in these areas your core duties will include the following:
* Provide telephony-based ER advice on issues and manage ER caseload
* Deliver accurate and consistent specialist advice and support to line managers on all aspects of employment policy and employee relations issues
* Take ownership of cases and see them through to fruition, including Complex cases and Tribunals
* Support capability development of Line Management on employee relations activity through remote coaching and advice
* Regular communication with ER Manager/HR Managers/ER Advisers/HR Shared Services to ensure a 'one HR' joined up approach
* Take escalation of cases from the HR Shared Service team.
Key skills and experience required;
* Proven experience of managing complex, high profile employee relations issues in an efficient and effective manner across the majority of the disciplines
* Ability to work on own initiative and work well under pressure
* Experienced in providing an exceptional HR Service to internal customers
* Ability to influence and interact with key stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
* Strong decision-making skills
* Excellent coaching and influencing skills
* Ability to plan and prioritise and make decisions.
* Self-motivated individual
* Confident to deal with all levels of employees across the organisation both verbally and in writing
* Not afraid to deal with conflict and remain calm under pressure
* Flexible attitude to assist in other areas of the team as and when the business needs demand it