5 months ago
EMC Test Engineer
Location: Bristol Duration: 6 Months Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists for a Test Engineer to undertake a range of engineering activities within the EMC skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
The role holder will undertake activities such as:
- Providing expertise in -
- The measurement and analysis of operational RF & EMC environments including field trials in support of development to meet Requirements Specifications.
- Requirements Management and preparing Compliance Statements in support of Certification.
- EMC and RFI Testing:
- Writing of detailed EMC test instructions derived from Environmental Requirement Specifications, EMC Control Plans, Proving Plans and other requirements in support of product development.
- Planning, preparing and conducting EMC & RF trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses for certification approvals and for pre-compliance investigations.
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of RFI & EMC testing techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 59-411, DEF STAN 59-114 and other relevant standards.
- Identifying the effects of EMC & RF requirements on test units.
- Implementing consistent test and assessment logic.
- Problem Solving:
- Investigating and solving EMC / RFI related problems (including work across different disciplines).
- Working within functional and UK / French boundaries to resolve complex technical EMC problems.
- Providing inputs for the continued development of the client's EMC trials facilities.
- Providing support to the identification and development of technical solutions to project failures attributed to poor EMC & RF environments - including recommending solutions.
- Log Keeping and Technical Report Writing in accordance with the standard procedure to meet UKAS requirements.
The role holder will be responsible for the technical control of assigned tasks.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems ie antennas, receivers, amplifiers and transducers.
- Knowledge of DEF STANs and similar or related specifications relevant to the EMC discipline.
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for various military services.
- Ability to apply developed understanding to test equipment limitations.
- Capable of UKAS accredited report writing.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).