Our client seeks an EMC Test Engineer on a 6 month contract at their site in Bristol.
This role is to undertake a range of engineering activities with the EMC skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test assessments of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test for the effects of the EMC & RF requirements on the unit for test
- implementing a consistent test and assessment logic.
- Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational RF & EMC environments including field trials in support of development to meet Requirements Specification.
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of RFI & EMC testing techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 59-411, DEF STAN 59-114 and other relevant standards.
- Maintain trials log to provide an accurate record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure in order to meet UKAS requirements.
- Writing of detailed EMC test instructions derived from the Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS's), EMC Control Plans and Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development.
- Plan, prepare and conduct of EMC & RF trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses for certification approvals and for pre compliance investigations.
- Writing technical reports to provide a record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure to meet UKAS requirements.
- Providing expertise in requirements management and preparing compliance statements in support of Certification.
- Responsible for the technical control of assigned tasks.
- Provide support to the identification and development technical solutions to project failures attributed to EMC & RF Environments including recommending solutions.
- Problem Solving Challenges: Investigating and solving EMC / RFI related problems, (including work across different disciplines) to determine issues and determine resolutions.
- Working within functional and UK / French boundaries to resolve complex technical EMC problems.
- To provide inputs for the continuing development of the EMC trials facilities.
SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY REQUIRED:
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for the various military services.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
- Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the EMC discipline.
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client are a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.