hourly negotiable rate
27 days ago
Our client are seeking an EMC Test Engineer to undertake a range of engineering activities at their site in Bristol, on a 6 month contract.
The EMC Test Engineer will apply specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test assessments of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test for the effects of the EMC & RF requirements on the unit for test - implementing a consistent test and assessment logic.
- Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational RF & EMC environments including field trials in support of development to meet Requirements Specification.
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of RFI & EMC testing techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 59-411, DEF STAN 59-114 and other relevant standards.
- Maintain trials log to provide an accurate record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure in order to meet UKAS requirements.
- Writing of detailed EMC test instructions derived from the Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS's), EMC Control Plans and Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development.
- Plan, prepare and conduct of EMC & RF trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses for certification approvals and for pre compliance investigations.
- Writing technical reports to provide a record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure to meet UKAS requirements.
- Providing expertise in requirements management and preparing compliance statements in support of Certification.
- Responsible for the technical control of assigned tasks.
- Provide support to the identification and development technical solutions to project failures attributed to EMC & RF Environments including recommending solutions. Problem Solving Challenges:
- Investigating and solving EMC / RFI related problems, (including work across different disciplines) to determine issues and determine resolutions.
- Working within functional and UK / French boundaries to resolve complex technical EMC problems.
- To provide inputs for the continuing development of the EMC trials facilities.
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for the various military services.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
- Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the EMC discipline.
- Good communication skills at all level both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within budget limits.