14 days ago
We are currently in search of an experienced Software Engineer ideally coming from defence background, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Experience of full lifecycle real time embedded software development.
- Significant previous experience of validation, and verification of the Embedded Software written in mainly C / C++ or Ada and developed at very high integrity level and/or adhering to DO178 standard.
- Proven experience of Low level embedded bare-metal programming without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce require documentations to achieve high integrity level.
- Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Experience of designing software using UML however not essential.
Desirable / Advantageous:
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as LDRA, RTC, Rhapsody
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
Our client creates some of the world's most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems. This role offers the opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are at the leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products. You will be working on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
You must be able to obtain a full UK SC clearance in order to be considered for this role.