Crawley, West Sussex
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
8 months ago
I seek 6 Embedded C Software Engineers to work on several different flight avionics projects. Candidates should have an understanding of Engineering Standards, engineering processes and maturity models whilst ideally being able to demonstrate proven ability to guide and support RTCA DO-178B standard software development.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- To support forward planning activities for project activities and to support the generation of relevant development plans.
- To support the generation of project cost and schedule information and support the review of that data.
- To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget
- To support the management of project risks.
- To ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- ANSI C
- Use of Configuration Management tools e.g ClearCase, Subversion, SVN
- Use of Change Control tools e.g. ClearQuest, Jira
- Doors / Trek
- Real time development/debugging on embedded targets.
- Agile Software Development.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / ABILITY
- Use of test equipment e.g A429 bus analysers, Spectrum Analysers, Simulations etc.
- QML Qt for HMI Implementation.
- Squish for HMI Verification
- Domain Knowledge of Cockpit and Mission Systems.
- Application development in MS Windows environment
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 6 EMBEDDED C SOFTWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)