Embedded C Software Engineer - Development
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Up to £38.64 per hour PAYE or £49.87 per hour Umbrella
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer who will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products. They will also have opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability of full lifecycle real time embedded software development
- Significant previous knowledge of developing embedded software using C, C++
- Proven ability of Low level embedded bare-metal programming ideally without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Being proactive and ability to debug and solve complex problems
- Knowledge in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Knowledge of producing high integrity embedded software
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as RTC, LDRA, Rhapsody
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Knowledge of designing software using UML
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client are a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role."