Embedded C Software Engineer - Development
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Hourly PAYE or Umbrella rate on offer
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer who will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products. They will also have opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability of full lifecycle real time embedded software development
- Significant previous knowledge of developing embedded software using C, C++
- Proven ability of Low level embedded bare-metal programming ideally without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Being proactive and ability to debug and solve complex problems
- Knowledge in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Knowledge of producing high integrity embedded software
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as RTC, LDRA, Rhapsody
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Knowledge of designing software using UML
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).