0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Embedded Software Engineer - Development
Duration: 6 months
Rate: PAYE or Umbrella hourly rates on offer
Our client, who creates some of the world's most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems, requires a Software Engineer.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support. This individual will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive knowledge and proven ability of full lifecycle real time embedded software development
- Significant proven ability of developing embedded software using C, C++
- Proven ability of Low level embedded bare-metal programming ideally without RTOS
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Being proactive and ability to debug and solve complex problems
- Knowledge in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Knowledge of producing high integrity embedded software
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Knowledge of tools such as RTC, LDRA, Rhapsody
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Knowledge of designing software using UML
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).